Alumilite is sold by weight, This kit includes 4 pounds (1.8 kg) each of A and B, approximately 1 gallon of mixed resin
Alumilite Clear Slow is a premium clear casting resin preferred by professional blank makers around the world! This is the slow version which has a longer open time. This version was made primarily for the folks who frequently cast more than 24 oz in one cast. The slower cure time helps reduce cracks in the cured resin due to excessive heat build up in the larger pours. For pen blanks, knife blanks, call blanks, and other similar size castings, Alumilite Clear is a better choice due to the quicker cure time and demold time.
This resin was specially formulated with the woodworker's needs in mind including:
- Resilience (less brittle than other resin types frequently used) so that your finished pieces don't crack if accidentally dropped
- High polishability to achieve that high gloss many demand
- High machinability which make your finished blanks easy to turn on a lathe, cut, route, or shape on a belt sander
- Low shrinkage which makes Alumilite Clear the preferred resin for Worthless Wood (wood and resin) castings
- Optical clarity for those times you need a clear casting which also means your dyed castings will remain true to color
- Very low odor so your entire shop does not stink like when using other types of resin!
Alumilite Clear Slow has a 12min open time and pressure casting is recommended to achieve bubble free results.
Alumilite Clear must be mixed 1:1 by weight NOT VOLUME. Off ratio mixing may produce hazy or frosted parts.
Recommended for industrial use only. B side may thicken and need to be warmed before use.
Note: The clarity of resin will shift from batch to batch based on the clarity of incoming raw materials. In most cases, this will not affect product unless used over white backgrounds.